Doctor video visits are convenient and easy to schedule
With Montefiore FIRST, we offer the convenience of face-to-face video visits with Montefiore doctors. Doctor video visits are a result of our ongoing commitment to providing state-of-the-art healthcare in a way that works best for our patients.
Doctor video visits are available for any adult or child through the Montefiore FIRST app. Video visits are both convenient and easy to schedule.
- Start by calling the doctor’s office, and you and your doctor will decide if a video visit is appropriate. If you need help finding a doctor, call 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683).
- If a video visit is appropriate, your appointment will be scheduled within minutes.
- You’ll receive an email notification to confirm your visit.
- Download the Montefiore FIRST app for iOS or Android.
- You can join your video visit up to 10 minutes before your appointment, and your doctor will join you at the scheduled time. Your visit will conveniently take place on your smartphone or tablet from home or any place you may be. Be assured that any information shared with your doctor will be safe and secure.
Doctor video visits are much like an actual visit, but with the convenience of being home
Doctor video visits through Montefiore FIRST are also available via computer using Google Chrome or Firefox browsers. Google Chrome is preferred. Your computer must have a working web camera, microphone, speakers and a high-speed internet connection.
Video visits can’t be used for annual physical exams, annual gynecological exams or visits that require X-rays. If you have questions about whether a video visit is right for you at this time, speak with your doctor’s office. If you need help finding a doctor, call 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683).
During the video visit, your doctor will already have your chart in hand. Hearing about your symptoms, being able to ask you real-time questions and knowing your medical history will help your doctor make a diagnosis. And because the Montefiore FIRST technology enables both high-quality sound and visual capabilities, it’s much like an actual visit, but with the convenience of being home.
Common conditions that may be treated through doctor video visits:
About cost and insurance coverage
Your insurance provider may cover the cost of your doctor video visit, as many providers now offer telemedicine-service coverage for adults and children. You should verify that you have specific benefit coverage for telemedicine services under your benefit plan. Contact your doctor’s office to determine if a video visit is covered by your insurance. We also recommend speaking with your insurance provider directly, if you have questions about your coverage.
If your insurance plan is accepted, we’ll collect your out-of-pocket responsibility for an office visit at the time of your video visit check-in. We’ll then bill your insurance for the remaining balance as we would a regular in-person office visit. You’ll be billed for any remaining balance not covered by your insurance.
Call the doctor’s office to schedule a doctor video visit.
If you need help finding a doctor, call 1-800-MD-MONTE (800-636-6683).